I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Pre-Operative Mind-Body Program
Based on the book, Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster by Peggy Huddleston, this program includes guided visualization and deep relaxation to help one prepare for surgery. The program is jump-started with a 1-hour workshop led by a certified facilitator with instructions for practicing in the 2 weeks prior to surgery, immediately before surgery, and in the days recovering from surgery.
Studies on the use of this program have been shown to:
- Reduce anxiety in the days up until surgery and the morning of surgery to create peaceful feelings
- Reduce the use of pain medication by 23-50%
- Decrease nausea immediately after surgery
- Faster time to normal bladder and bowel function
- Accelerated recovery time leading to a shorter hospital stay
Facilitator: Anne Todd, LMT
Individual and group sessions are available. Please contact Dr. Sheinberg at HealAtHopkins@jhmi.edu.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.