After learning that their baby boy, Mateo, would never hear, Stéphane and Karla traveled from Mexico to Johns Hopkins for a second opinion. A team of specialized and compassionate experts worked with the family to restore his hearing.
Traveling to another country to receive care—especially for rare and complex conditions—can be overwhelming. That’s why we’ve created a special concierge service to ensure you and your family receive personalized care and cultural respect during a potentially difficult time in your life, in a place far from home.
Take Your First Step
Contact our international medical concierge team and share your medical story by calling +1-410-502-7683 (Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time) or complete an online inquiry.
We will guide you through the rest of your journey to health:
Once your international medical concierge has received your request, they will contact you within one business day to gather the following information:
- Medical issue to be addressed
- Applicable medical records
- Records may include images (X-ray, MRI, CT scan, ultrasound)
- Physical pathology slides are required for oncology consultations.
- Medical records must be in English.
- Records and images may be uploaded here, faxed (+1-410-614-4107) or emailed to your medical concierge, or mailed to your concierge’s attention: Johns Hopkins Medicine International, 601 North Caroline Street, Suite 1080, Baltimore, MD 21287 USA
- Demographic information: gender, date of birth, ethnicity, etc.
- Mailing address
- Copy of passport
- Copy of insurance card
- We will verify your benefits at the time of appointment scheduling.
- Your preferred timeframe for appointment
- We will do our best to pair you with the best specialist for your needs within your preferred timeframe.
- United States-issued visa
- Please contact the U.S. consulate/embassy in your country to inquire about visa processing time and requirements.
- Johns Hopkins Medicine International does not provide invitation letters; however, we will provide you with a confirmation letter if needed.
What to Expect Next
- We will review your records and triage them to the appropriate department.
- Additional records may be requested by the clinical department or medical provider.
- We will proceed to scheduling upon the approval of the department.
- Your medical concierge will schedule your appointment(s).
- If you wish to schedule medical appointments for a travel companion, please inform your medical concierge in advance, before finalizing your travel itinerary, so we can do our best to schedule appointments close together.
- You will receive a confirmation packet detailing your care plan, appointments and other important information related to your visit.
- You will receive a cost estimate for the expected services outlined in your care plan.
We will reach out to confirm your visit at least 10 days before your appointment. Payment is due in full prior to services rendered.