I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Emergency Department (ER)
The Johns Hopkins Hospital emergency department is undergoing an expansion and renovation project to make improvements to our space. Among the upgrades, the renovation will update our waiting room, add patient care spaces and improve patient privacy.
Construction may, at times, require us to direct patient care to different parts of our emergency department. Our goals during the renovation are to minimize work disruptions and to continue to provide excellent hospital care, with a focus on safety and quality for all our patients.
The Emergency Department entrance of The Johns Hopkins Hospital is located next to the front entrance of the hospital, located at 1800 Orleans Street.
Drop-Off Area: Patients and family members may be dropped off at the front entrance by using the easy to access front driveway of the main hospital.
Parking: Parking available for a fee at the Orleans Street Garage, located directly across from the hospital main entrance.
The Emergency Department has been designed to enhance every aspect of the patient-centered care experience. The clinical area features the latest technologies in health care to complement our world-class emergency physicians, nurses and other health care providers.
There is a covered ambulance bay area, accessed off Wolfe Street between East Monument Street and Orleans Street.
Features of our Emergency Department
- 67 private examination rooms for patients and their families
- Covered pedestrian footbridge from garage to new clinical buildings
- Drop off area out front for patients and family members
- Access to valet parking service
- Clean, comfortable, modern reception area
- Six trauma care rooms equipped with the latest medical technologies
- Expanded radiology suite with X-Ray, MRI and Ultrasound
- Integrated Acute Care Unit