Emergency Medicine Fellowship Programs
The Johns Hopkins Emergency Medicine Fellowship Programs offer trainees unparalleled opportunities to develop advanced training and specialized expertise in one of the many niches of emergency medicine. Fellows work and learn in a large urban hospital setting at one of the most dynamic and historic emergency departments in the country, surrounded by some of the brightest medical minds in the world with access to the broad range of resources available at The Johns Hopkins University.
This fellowship develops emergency physicians’ knowledge and expertise in essential areas of medical education, with a goal towards training leaders who are ready to improve medical education within Emergency Medicine.
Physician scientists will be trained in this program to become independent investigators ad nationally recognized leaders in emergency medicine.
This fellowship prepares emergency physicians for leadership, field support and medical direction of law enforcement special operations and tactical medicine programs.
The program includes focus on disaster preparedness and response at the hospital, state, and federal level, emergency public health and disaster didactics in the field and the classroom, mentorship, and the development of research skills.
This fellowship prepares physicians to be leaders in arts, humanities, and social justice with a specific emphasis on using the Health Humanities in education, scholarship, and/or advocacy to enhance equity in clinical and learning environments.
Emergency Medical Services
This ACGME-accredited fellowship prepares highly qualified and motivated academic emergency physicians for leadership and medical oversight of pre- and out-of-hospital emergency care systems with advanced competencies in EMS system design, administration, and clinical care.
International Emergency Medicine & Public Health Fellowship
The IEM & PH fellowship provides emergency physicians with the critical knowledge and skills to become leaders in global health.
Fellowship Program Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Continuing medical education allowance
- Paid clinical elective per annum
- Paid attendance for one conference (domestic or international) per annum
- Master of Public Health or equivalent degree from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Department-provided laptop and dedicated workspace
- Paid membership to the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) and the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
- Access to departmental and university-wide library and research support services, including online journals, databases and medical informatics services
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Disability and life insurance
- Parental leave
- 403b retirement plan
- Malpractice insurance