I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
A Healing Environment
Being a patient is never easy, and you deserve the best that medicine can offer. Our healing environment provides you and your family with a sense of control over stressful situations, and allows for more comfortable rest and recovery.
Patients who stay in our newest facilities will appreciate artistic and aesthetic elements, including:
- A calming, elegant interior with natural surfaces like marble and limestone
- Sun-filled rooms and peaceful public spaces that serve as respites for you and your visitors
- Sound-absorbing materials in patient care areas, including ceiling tiles over clinical hallways and busy workstations
- A quiet nurse-call system to eliminate noisy overhead paging
- Serene landscaped gardens nestled throughout the campus for meditation and reflection
- A dramatic art collection on display throughout the buildings
- Whimsical animal sculptures in the Bloomberg Children’s Center to delight young patients
- Art images on the window shades of private patient rooms
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.