I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Pharmacy Residency Program: Cardiology
Program Type: ASHP Accredited PGY2 Residency
ASHP Match Number: 698067
"This position has been filled for the 2021-2022 residency year"
The PGY-2 Cardiology Residency at The Johns Hopkins Hospital aims to produce clinical pharmacy specialists qualified to work in all aspects of cardiovascular pharmacy. The cardiology pharmacy residents at JHH will function as a part of the multi-disciplinary healthcare team in a variety of settings.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Cardiology Pharmacy Residency is an ASHP accredited twelve month program of training. The program provides flexibility to meet the interests and needs of the individual resident while at the same time ensuring the achievement of foundational skills for high quality cardiology pharmacy practice. This residency provides experience to numerous patient populations within cardiology and strives to produce experts in the practice of cardiology pharmacy. The residency will emphasize the resident’s interests while achieving the goals and objectives for PGY2 Cardiology Residencies set forth by ASHP.
- Active participation in patient care rounds
- Participation in a cardiology related committee to impact policy
- Participation in education of pharmacy, nursing and medical staff
- Completion of a cardiology related research project
- Delivery of two ACPE accredited presentations
- Cardiac Care Unit (CCU)
- Cardiovascular Surgical ICU (CVSICU)
- General Cardiology
- General Cardiology/EP Focus
- Heart Failure/Transplant
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Cardiology
- Pediatric Cardiology
Longitudinal Clinic Experiences
- Heart Failure Bridge Clinic
- LVAD AC Monitoring
- Shadow experiences in the Cardiac Catheterization, Electrophysiology Lab and/or Cardiac OR will be provided
- Elective months to repeat rotations listed above
John Lindsley, PharmD, BCPS - AQ Cardiology
Title: Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Cardiac Care Unit; Assistant Director, Hemostatic and
Antithrombotic Stewardship Program
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Training: PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency, University of Cincinnati Medical Center; PGY-2 Cardiology Residency, The Ohio State University Medical Center
John Lindsley, PharmD, BCPS (AQ Cardiology), Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Cardiac Care Unit
PGY-2 Cardiology Program Director
Department of Pharmacy
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 North Wolfe Street, Carnegie 180
Baltimore, MD 21287-6180