I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Pharmacy Residency Program: Cardiology
Program Type: ASHP Accredited PGY2 Reidency
ASHP Match Number: 698067
NOTE: This position has been filled for the 2019 – 2020 residency year.
The PGY-2 Cardiology Residency at The Johns Hopkins Hospital aims to produce clinical pharmacy specialists qualified to work in all aspects of cardiovascular pharmacy. The cardiology pharmacy residents at JHH will function as a part of the multi-disciplinary healthcare team in a variety of settings. The specific program for an entering resident will be designed to achieve the ASHP outcomes, goals, and objectives.
The Cardiology Residency is a twelve month program of training and experience based upon the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) standards for specialized hospital pharmacy residencies. The program will teach the resident to serve as an expert on the optimal use of medications used in the care of patients with cardiovascular disease and optimize the outcomes of patients with acute and chronic cardiovascular disease through provision of evidence-based, patient-centered medication therapy. The resident will also manage and improve the medication-use process for patients with or at risk for cardiovascular disease and contribute to the body of cardiovascular pharmacotherapy knowledge.
- Active participation in patient care rounds
- Participation in a cardiology related committee to impact policy
- Participation in education of pharmacy, nursing and medical staff
- Completion of a cardiology related research project
- Provide two ACPE accredited presentations
- Cardiac Care Unit (CCU) ( + 2 months)
- Cardiovascular Surgical ICU (CVSICU) (1 month)
- General Cardiology (1 month)
- General Cardiology/EP Focus (1 month)
- Cardiovascular Surgery Stepdown (1 month)
- Heart Failure/Transplant (1 month)
- Pediatric Cardiology (1 month)
- Research (1 month)*
- Longitudinal Clinic Experiences
- Heart Failure Transitions of Care Clinic
- LVAD AC Monitoring
- Shadow experiences in the Cardiac Catheterization, Electrophysiology Lab and Cardiac OR will be provided
- Elective months to repeat rotations listed above 2-3 months)
John Lindsley, PharmD, BCPS (AQ Cardiology)
Title: Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Cardiac Care Unit
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Training: PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency, University of Cincinnati Medical Center; PGY-2 Cardiology Residency, The Ohio State University Medical Center
John Lindsley, PharmD, BCPS (AQ Cardiology), Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Cardiac Care Unit
PGY-2 Cardiology Program Director
Department of Pharmacy
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 North Wolfe Street, Carnegie 180
Baltimore, MD 21287-6180