- Uniforms and Lab Coats
- Duplication Services
- Library Access
- Resident Office
- Laptop computer
- BCLS/ACLS Certification - Code response training
- Professional Membership for one organization
- Fitness Facilities Discount
- Pharmacy Continuing Education
Reimbursement for all reasonable trainee expense including meeting registration, travel, hotel (double occupancy), and meals.
PGY1 Residents typically attend two meetings, the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and the Eastern States regional residency conference.
- Post Graduate Year 1 - $51,126 (2022-23)
- Post Graduate Year 2 - $53,788 (2022-23)
Paid Time Off and Holiday Coverage
- Residents are expected to assist with holiday coverage during the residency year
- Work 1 winter (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day)
- Work 1 summer (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day and Martin Luther King Day)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
The purpose of residency is educational. Residents typically should not take an extended vacation during the residency and will typically not be granted approval of PTO requests for greater than 5 business days in a row. Residents, like all employees of Johns Hopkins, have PTO available for illness, interviews, personal days, and extended weekends for travel to home or special personal or family events. We understand that the residency program will keep you busy with exciting and challenging learning opportunities. At the same time your self-care is equally important and residents are encouraged to use PTO to support their well-being when needed.
- Professional Leave
Attendance at professional meetings is considered part of professional responsibilities, not PTO.
- Standard Comprehensive Coverage
- Prescription drug
- Life Insurance