Thursday, July 9 - Friday, July 10, 2020
Summer Teaching Camp Goes Virtual
The Institute for Excellence in Education (IEE) is happy to announce that registration for 2020 Summer Teaching Camp IS OPEN. It will be all “virtual”. We are excited by our program, and plan for an interactive and engaging learning experience, with small and large group activities, discussions and networking. Foundations of Teaching and Learning (FTL) course will be offered, but limited in size to 35 participants each day, both Thursday and Friday mornings, so participants have the freedom to select the day that works best for them. Each afternoon will have lunchtime forums and a series of workshops featuring the following topics: Addressing Micro-aggressions in the Learning Environment, Online Teaching and Learning, and Visual Thinking Strategies (VTS).
Special Registration Notes:
- We will use Zoom for all sessions of camp. As such, to maximize quality learning, we must limit workshop registration to a total of 30 participants (25 faculty members/5 trainees). Trainees, please contact Michael Westman at IEE@jhmi.edu to express your interest in workshops, it will be first come first served.
- Please keep in mind when you register that Foundations of Teaching and Learning is the same both Thursday and Friday mornings. Please register for only one morning.
- The lunchtime forums and afternoon workshops differ each afternoon.
- Participants can sign up for one or one and one half days.
Full time faculty can still utilize their tuition remission benefits, and Hopkins SOM students, residents, fellows and post doc attend for free.
Thank you for your understanding and we are looking forward to offering 2021 Teaching Camp live and in person!
Teaching Camp Fees
Hopkins faculty may use their tuition remission benefit for the camp fee, or, if not using tuition remission, may follow instructions on the registration page to use a credit card to pay the fee. Non-Hopkins teaching camp registrants may pay for the camp fee following instructions on the registration page using a credit card.
- 1.5 Days: $399
- 1 Day: $299
- Hopkins Students, Residents, Clinical and Post Doc Fellows: Fee waived
Full- and Part-Time Faculty, Student and Trainee participation in all aspects of the program is encouraged.
Fee Payment Instructions
- TUITION REMISSION: Hopkins faculty and staff may use their tuition remission (TR) benefit to pay the teaching camp fee. There is an electronic form at the end of the registration process to pay the teaching camp fee.
- eCHECK OR CREDIT CARD: Please proceed to and complete registration process. There is an electronic form at the end of the registration process to pay the teaching camp fee.
- JHU SOM, SON, BSPH STUDENTS/TRAINEES: The teaching camp fee is waived for you. Please proceed to and complete registration process.