Shark Tank has become a big hit at our education conference. In years past, four to five finalists have been selected to present proposals to our panel of Education Scholarship Sharks, who then distributed $10,000 among the project(s). It's always possible that the best proposal might get it all, or it might be divided among projects!
This is a great opportunity to receive feedback from recognized educational experts, understand the kinds of things expert review panels consider, and get funding for a medical/biomedical/health education project.
How Shark Tank Works
Selected proposal presenters will have ten minutes to make a virtual presentation, with or without PowerPoint slides. After each presenter has answered pointed questions and worked with the sharks, a final proposal or proposals will be awarded the money.
ONLY JHU SOM member are eligible to apply.
Details of Submission
The deadline for proposal submission is January 16th, 2023, 12:00 p.m.
Proposals should address a topic or innovation in medical, biomedical or health education important at Hopkins, with national and/or international implications.
- IEE Education Shark Tank Grant proposals must include a JHUSOM faculty member.
- Learner proposals are welcomed, provided there is a JHUSOM faculty member as a team member and/or mentor.
- Involvement of other JHU schools is welcomed, provided there is a JHUSOM faculty member as team member and/or mentor.
If interested in presenting, please submit a proposal to IEE@jhmi.edu with:
- A cover page with the following information for primary and other investigators:
- Division (if applicable)
- Academic Rank
- Team Members
- A one paragraph (350 word limit) summary of the project, describing:
- Why is this important?
- What do you plan to do?
- How will you demonstrate that it works?
- What is your budget?
Should you have any questions or need clarification, please contact Dr. Joseph Cofrancesco, Jr., Director of the IEE.