I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Pediatric PACU - PREPAC4 (Bloomberg 4 N)
32 bed Prep/PACU unit provides care for children less than 22 years of age undergoing surgery and/or interventional procedures requiring anesthesia or sedation. ZB4 Prep/PACU provides perianesthesia care seven days week for pediatric surgery and trauma.
- Pediatrics up to age 22
- 1 to 1.5 hours for PACU, 6-8 hours Extended Recovery
Number of Beds
- 32 Prep and Recovery
- Prep 1:2-3
- PACU 1:1-2
New Grad RN Orientation Length
- 8-16 weeks, with designated preceptor
- Open 24/7
- Combination of 8 and 10 hour shifts (day/evening shifts): M-F 5:30 a.m.-11:00 p.m., 12 hour shifts on nights 7 p.m.-7:30 a.m.; S-S 5:30-6:00/7 a.m.-7 p.m. & 7 p.m.-7 a.m.
- Some on call system.
- RN, Clinical Technicians, PACU Support Associates, Clinical Customer Service Coordinator and Clinical customer Service Representatives
- RN Composite 10% MSN, 3% AD, 87% BSN
- Required competencies: 2 years clinical experience; PICU or Pediatric PACU experience required
Why I Choose Pediatric Oncology Nursing
"In addition to the honor of working with these children and their families, there’s a huge capacity for professional and personal growth. You can create things to make the care better. I feel like my voice is heard and accepted. We take part in rounds with the physicians."
—Laurie Rome, RN
Magnet Site Visit Announced
The Johns Hopkins Department of Nursing will host appraisers from the Magnet Recognition Program from 9/9-11/2013.
Public Notice of Site Visit