As a nursing student, we offer a paid position called a Clinical Nurse Extern.
Clinical Nurse Extern (CNE)
- Paid position
- In this position, you gain more independence in performing basic patient care skills and have the opportunity to develop strong organizational skills.
- Completion of at least one clinical practicum in an acute-care hospital where you have had a regular patient assignment.
- Completion of your required nursing school course work as listed on the Maryland Board of Nursing Web site for CNA certification.
- Possess a CNA certification from the Maryland Board of Nursing no later than two weeks before orientation.
- Available to attend a hospital and nursing orientation (four 8-hour days).
- Available to work full time from June to August with shift and weekend rotation or as agreed upon by nurse manager.
- Commit to at least one shift each week during the school semester or as agreed upon by the nurse manager.
How to Apply
- Explore our Specialties and Units for the department that interests you the most.
- For our summer orientation a link will become available once the position is posted.There is one job posting for all nursing student opportunities, regardless of specialty area.
- Qualified applicants receive an e-mail to schedule an interview. Due to the limited number of positions, we only schedule one interview per applicant. Placements into CNE roles are based on individual departmental needs.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will need to provide all requested documentation. See our section on Interview Preparation to learn more.
Questions? Call the Office of Nurse Recruitment, 410-502-3161.