Regular physical activity benefits both the body and mind, and is especially important for everyone at Johns Hopkins as we face the challenges of COVID-19. The Johns Hopkins Medicine Office of Well-Being has collected these resources* on physical activity. Also, refer to helpful guidance from the World Health Organization and the American College of Sports Medicine on staying active and healthy under COVID-19.
Music & Dance for Healthcare Workers
A quick clip from Dance and Bmore with Peabody Faculty Member, CJay Philip.
We Throw Shine!
We are throwing some shine your way today!
Quick Clip! Warm Up with the Forever Fit & Fun Club!
Get moving and grooving with Dance & Bmore's Forever Fit & Fun Club! Seated or standing, this stretch is for anyone!
Quick Clip! Shoulder & Neck Stretches
Simple and satisfying shoulder and neck stretches with Faith Bender and DAB Elder Ensemble!
Recognize, Release, Renew
Short videos on movement and breathing to interrupt patterns of stress, anxiety and trauma. For all JHM from the Peabody Conservatory.
Recognize, Release, Renew: Elizabeth Parry
Recognize, Release, Renew: Aren Vaughn
Recognize, Release, Renew: Rush Johnston
Recognize, Release, Renew: danah bella
Recognize, Release, Renew: Peter Pattengill
Recognize, Release, Renew: Elle
- AAPTIV: Stay fit and calm at home. Cardio and relaxation classes on apple podcasts. This resource offers meditation, yoga and cardio classes. AAPTIV can be found on the ‘Programs’ tab of the portal.
- Online self-management programs:
- Change Your Workout
- Fit as a Family
- Get Strong at Home
- Move to loose
- Walk your way to fitness
- Sync up wearable devices to keep track of your daily steps, sleep and other physical activities.
Virtual Yoga and Other Fitness Offerings
The Johns Hopkins Cooley Center and the Johns Hopkins Bayview Fitness Center are teaming up to provide virtual classes. These are available to all Johns Hopkins Bayview employees.
- Virtual Yoga
Participate in 30 minutes of virtual yoga every Thursday at 10 a.m.:
Meeting ID: 243 416 361
- Les Mills workouts are also available on demand.
- YouTube Channels:
- World Health Organization- (Being Active during COVID-19)
- American College of Sports Medicine
- NPR- Just Keep Moving. And Sometimes, Double Your Distance)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention- Physical Activity
- National Institute of Health
*Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on or linked to our Online Platforms. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.