Low Cholesterol Recipes
Following a low-cholesterol diet is an excellent way to maintain heart health while reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke. Thanks to tasty low-cholesterol recipes, people who choose to follow a low-cholesterol diet don’t have to sacrifice flavor for good health.
Dietary cholesterol is a fat-like substance found in animal-based foods, including meat, egg yolks, fish, poultry, milk and milk products. The amount of cholesterol a person eats can impact blood cholesterol levels. Interestingly, foods from plants contain no cholesterol.
A balanced low-cholesterol diet should include a variety of whole- and multi-grain foods, low-fat/fat-free dairy products, fruits and vegetables. Fatty fishes and foods high in omega-3 fatty acids are also recommended. Heart health experts suggest avoiding or limiting animal products high in saturated fat, fried foods, high-fat processed meats and saturated oils.
Low-cholesterol recipes outline instructions for preparing healthy and tasty options, including entrees, soups, salads, smoothies, snacks, sauces and desserts. Health and nutrition experts can provide additional information on low-cholesterol recipes and nutrition.
- Food and Nutrition
- Cream of Broccoli Soup
- California Marinated Salad
- Brussels Sprouts with Mushroom Sauce
- Cantaloupe Soup
- Summer Vegetable Curry
- Take Your Diet to the Mediterranean
- Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
- Fresh Lemon Broccoli Pesto-Style Sauce
- Vegetarian Chili
- Do-It-Yourself Minestrone Soup
- Broccoli and Walnut Salad
- Bronzed Mushrooms
- Beet-All Pasta Salad
- Black Bean Chili
- Black Bean Tortilla Casserole
- Blender Bean Dip
- Mediterranean Diced Salad
- Multigrain Chicken Soup
- Eggplant Parmesan Sandwiches
- Amish Potatoes with Lima Beans
- Picnic Potato Salad
- New World Salmon Florentine
- Pear and Quinoa Salad
- Cholesterol in the Blood See More