Request a Name Change for School of Medicine Records

Current graduate students and postdoctoral fellows, request name changes through your department/program coordinator. Provide proper documentation supporting the request (marriage license, divorce decree, etc). Your department will notify the Office of the Registrar for processing.

Other students submit name change requests via fax to 410-955-0826 or email to [email protected].

Submit an information request form or prepare a letter with the following information:

  1. Original name of student or graduate
  2. Current name of student or graduate
  3. Effective date of change
  4. Reason for change
  5. Original signature of graduate or student, requests received without an original signature are denied.
  6. Include documentation supporting your request (marriage license, divorce decree, etc.)


Contact the Office of the Registrar at [email protected].