Adult Mood Disorders Consultation Clinic
The Adult 2nd Opinion Consultation Clinic offers a one-time evaluation for patients suffering from depression or bipolar illness and under the care of a psychiatrist. We offer treatment recommendations to the patient's psychiatrist. We do not prescribe any medications for the patient.
The evaluation consists of a clinical interview lasting from one and one-half to three hours. One of our experienced consultation clinic psychiatrists will clarify your diagnosis and make recommendations regarding treatment. This information will be included in a report sent to your treating provider.
Meet the experts in the Mood Disorders Adult Consultation Clinic
- Complete the New Patient Demographic Form
- Complete the New Patient Questionnaire
- Complete the Authorization for Release of Health Information
- Request a typed treatment summary from your psychiatrist or your referring clinician. (Please stress to your doctor that we need more than notes from individual sessions. We ask for a summary to give our clinicians insight about your care which may not be communicated in progress notes. Please send your clinician the completed JHH authorization form, the consultation clinic letter and the sample letter.) (Please see updated Adult Mood Disorder Consultation Clinic Letter and the treating provider sample letter)
- Once the documents are prepared, send them to the clinic fax at 443-769-1217 or via email at [email protected]
- Finally, please provide a clear picture of your insurance card (both front and back sides) and review the billing information sheet.
Patient Check list:
- Patient Demographic Form (REQUIRED)
- JHH Consultation Questionnaire (REQUIRED)
- Authorization ROI Form (REQUIRED)
- A typed summary from you current treating Psychiatrist (REQUIRED)
- Front and back Photo of Insurance card (REQUIRED)
- Other pertinent medical records
The documents above are the only documents that are essential in order to schedule. However, additional information, if available, can add to the quality of the consult. Additional information may include:
- Recent lab results
- Treatment summary from psychotherapist
- Treatment summaries from previous psychiatrists/nurse practitioner/therapists
- Admission and discharge summary from any hospitalizations (this is different than what is provided to you at the time of discharge)
- Neuropsychological testing report
- Head/brain imaging studies
International Patients and Travel Information
- International Patients: Please contact the Johns Hopkins Medicine International: 410-955-8032
- Assistance with Travel and Accommodations: Please contact Johns Hopkins Guess Services: 410-614-5100 or Johns Hopkins USA: 410-735-4872. Please view updated accommodation list.
Appointments can be made without a referral however; we recommend that you ask your provider to submit one. The average waiting period for an appointment is 4-8 weeks.
It is important that you speak to your insurance company and understand your unique benefits. While the hospital may participate with most insurance companies, the Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences physicians only participate with Medicare, Medical Assistance of Maryland and selected managed-care organizations.
- You are responsible for contacting your insurance company prior to the appointment. Please contact the benefits department for your insurance carrier to confirm if we participate with your plan. Please provide the following information below to the specialist:
Clinic Name: Johns Hopkins Mood Disorder 2nd Opinion Consultation Clinic (Outpatient)
CPT Code: 90791
- If you prefer to be self-pay, the psychiatry professional fee for your one-time consultation visit will be $975.00 payable at the time of consultation.
Office: The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Osler Building, Third Floor, Room 320
600 North Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M
For questions call: 443-287-1644 to speak with a member of our staff.
E-mail: [email protected]