Regular physical activity benefits both the body and mind, and is especially important for everyone at Johns Hopkins as we cope, process and recover from the challenges of COVID-19.
- Healthy at Hopkins Portal Resources
- Take a Quick Self Care Break
- Employee and Community Yoga- live virtual classes
- NEW! Somatic Movement Videos from Peabody Dance (somatic shorts and full practice (forthcoming)
- The Johns Hopkins O’Connor Recreation Center at Homewood
- Johns Hopkins University Wellness Program
- Hopkins Gyms in Baltimore
Please click here to access the Healthy at Hopkins portal or log onto my.jh.edu and enter ‘Healthy at Hopkins’ into the ‘Search Tools+ Resources’ search engine to locate the tile. Click the heart icon in the upper left corner of the tile to pin it to your ‘favorites’.
Access Yoga and Meditation classes
- Health Journeys: Online motivation programs.
- Change Your Workout
- Fit as a Family
- Get Strong at Home
- Move to loose
- Walk your way to fitness
- Sync up wearable devices to keep track of your daily steps, sleep and other physical activities.
Self-care can take just a few minutes. It can be done at work, on the unit, or in a break room.
- Quick self-care breaks to help release stress or tension in your muscles and refocus on the task at hand.
- Full chair yoga sequence
- Chair dips
- Desk push-ups
- Walking lunges
- Wall sits and calf raises
Beginner Employee and Community Yoga Via Zoom
Every Monday & Thursday, December 2020 to Dec 2021, 5-6pm (EST)
- Join via Zoom
- Meeting ID: 301 523 2686
- Password: 20016
Join Sibley PACU RN and Yoga Instructor Antoinette Solnik for Employee and Community Yoga on Monday’s and Thursdays from 5-6p to share a practice and with our employees and our community. From Sibley Memorial Hospital’s Healthy Hospital Team for all JHM employees and the community. The classes will focus on movement, breathwork and meditation in these shared practices.