The Johns Hopkins HealthCare Division of Health Services is committed to quality health care, and partnership with our dedicated providers is key to achieving this goal. The Division of Health Services includes: Appeals, Care Management, Medical Policy, Quality Improvement, and Utilization Management departments.
To request an appeal of denied services, refer to the provider appeal rights on the denial letter.
Fax appeals to:
Johns Hopkins HealthCare LLC
Attn: Appeals Department
7231 Parkway Drive, Suite 100
Hanover, MD 21076
Pre-service and medication expedited appeals only may be called in to the expedited verbal appeals phone line: 410-762-5383.
JHHC’s Care Management team offers a variety of services to help members manage chronic health conditions, recover from serious illness, and make healthy lifestyle changes. Our care management services are voluntary and are provided at no cost to the member. Members identified with certain needs may be automatically enrolled, but are under no obligation to participate in these programs. Details regarding specific services areas are located on our websites.
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Voicemail messages received after normal business hours will be addressed the following business day.
For your convenience, refer to the JHHC medical policies page.
The aim of the JHHC Utilization Management (UM) program is to achieve the mission of providing access to high quality, cost-effective, member-centered care. JHHC’s utilization management decisions are based on appropriate care and existence of coverage. JHHC does not give financial incentives to staff that reward denials or promote under-utilization of services. JHHC does not make decisions about hiring, promoting, or terminating practitioners or JHHC staff based on the likelihood that the practitioner or JHHC staff member supports denials of benefits. You may request a copy of the UM criteria or benefit guidelines used in the decision of any case. For concurrent inpatient admissions, a UM RN is on-call after hours, including weekends and holidays to assist with urgent admissions and discharge planning.
EHP, PPMCO, and USFHP
410-424-4480 or 800-261-2421 (toll-free) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Fax #’s for EHP, PPMCO and USFHP
- Inpatient Medical: 410-424-4894
- Outpatient Medical: 410-762-5205
- Initial Inpatient: 410-424-2770
- Transplant/Bariatric: 410-424-4046
- SNF/LTAC/ACIR/AMBO Requests: 410-424-2703
- EHP & PPMCO NICU Admissions or Prior Pediatric Readmission (within 1 year of NICU discharge): fax notification and/or clinical to ProgenyHealth: 888-400-4636
- EHP & PPMCO Outpatient Urgent: 410-424-2707
- EHP & PPMCO Durable Medical Equipment (DME): 410-762-5250
- EHP Behavioral Health: 410-424-4891
- EHP Behavioral Health- Secured: 410-424-4765
- USFHP DME: 410-424-2603
- USFHP Inpatient: 410-424-2602
- USFHP Outpatient: 410-424-2603
- USFHP Behavioral Health: 410-424-4839
- eviCore Healthcare: 866-220-3071
Advantage MD: 844-560-2856
Advantage MD Behavioral Health, Inpatient & Outpatient: 844-340-2217
Fax #’s for Advantage MD
- Outpatient Medical: 855-704-5296
- Inpatient Medical: 844-240-1864
- Outpatient Behavioral Health: 844-363-6772
- Inpatient Behavioral Health: 844-699-7762
- Post-Acute Facility (SSNF/ACIR/LTAC): 410-424-2703