Careers at Johns Hopkins Health Plans
At Johns Hopkins Health Plans, we aim to enrich lives. Our employees provide the customer-driven, peace-of-mind health care that enriches the lives of our members, and so in return, we provide the warm environment and developmental opportunities that enrich the lives of our employees.
The health care industry is constantly growing and changing. Our employees grow with it and also change the face of it. We lead the way. No matter what their position, every employee contributes to our mission of improving member health and member experience, and every employee shares our goal of providing the best customer care possible.
Whether you’re a career changer or a career starter, we invite you to be a part of it. Browse this site to learn more about what it’s like to work for Johns Hopkins Health Plans.
EOE/AA, M/F/D/V - Johns Hopkins Medicine is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Created in 1995 as a partnership between the Johns Hopkins Health System and the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Health Plans manages health care plans and programs that serve more than 400,000 members. Our members belong to one of four lines of business:
- Employer Health Programs: A third-party administrator, providing benefits administration to Johns Hopkins Medicine employers and a select number of strategic partners.
- Priority Partners: One of the several managed care organizations authorized by the State of Maryland to provide health care services to Medicaid, Maryland Children's Health Insurance Program and primary adult care recipients.
- US Family Health Plan: A Department of Defense-designated provider of TRICARE Prime benefits to eligible military beneficiaries living in or around Maryland.
- Advantage MD: A Medicare Advantage plan that offers preferred provider organization (PPO) plans, health maintenance organization (HMO) plans and a Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage for Medicare-eligible residents in 12 counties throughout Maryland. These counties include: Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Baltimore City, Calvert, Carroll, Frederick, Howard, Montgomery, Somerset, Washington, Wicomico, and Worcester.
Johns Hopkins Health Plans rich history of excellent member service is largely due to our staff, who constantly strive to improve peace of mind while providing the world class health care for which the Johns Hopkins family is known. Our employees come from a diverse background – with a variety of skills and ideas – each one dedicated to the mission and values of Johns Hopkins Medicine and Johns Hopkins Health Plans.
By joining Johns Hopkins Health Plans, our employees join a team of the best and brightest in their fields — a team dedicated to leading the way of customer-driven health care solutions of the future. We invite you along for this journey of innovative growth and discovery. Help us help others by improving the lives of our plan members by providing quality, cost effective care.
With a staff of over 1,200, our employees get the best of both worlds: the opportunities and room for growth offered by larger organizations, and the close-knit, supportive environment found in smaller health care systems. Johns Hopkins Health Plans is an organization that recognizes and rewards excellence and encourages continued development.
As an employee, the rewards, recognition, camaraderie and support are only a few of our many benefits. (Full-time and part-time benefits may differ.)
- Tuition assistance
- Dependent college tuition program
- 403(b) retirement savings
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Disability and life insurance
- Paid time off and holidays
- Training programs and volunteer opportunities
We are always looking for talented, goal-driven candidates from diverse backgrounds to join our team. See below to apply.
We are always looking for people with the compassion and commitment to excellence that is needed to help improve the lives of our plan members. If you think you have what it takes, we encourage you to join us.
If you are a current Johns Hopkins Health Plans employee seeking a new position, please apply through the Careers portal on Success Factors.