I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Lead Screening in Children - MDH
VBP. Members age 12-23 months.
This is a Maryland Department of Health (MDH) Lead Measure for Children age12-23 months as of December 31 of the measurement year (i.e., children who turned one year of age during the measurement year) who meet the following criteria:
- Continuously enrolled 90 or more days in a single HealthChoice MCO during the measurement year.
- The child did not disenroll from a HealthChoice MCO before their first birthday.
- The child is assigned to the last HealthChoice MCO in which the child was enrolled for at least 90 days in the measurement year.
Best Practice and Measure Tips
- Assessment alone does not meet criteria for this measure – be sure to order the blood test and be sure it is completed.
- Educate parents on the importance of screening for lead poisoning – while the child may not be exposed at home, other environments may present a new risk.
Required Exclusion: Hospice
Lead test is defined by the following:
- CPT Codes: 83655 and 83645 (CPT Code 83645 was discontinued but is included in the lead value-based purchasing program).