I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention and Coverage Information for Plan Members
To address concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19), Johns Hopkins HealthCare posted important information on member websites. This messaging covers the COVID-19 virus, how the virus is spread, and actions members can take to protect themselves and their families. We have also assured them that any COVID-19 testing or treatment they need will be covered by their health plans and that they would pay their usual cost shares. We reminded members about these steps they can take to prevent infection:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially:
- Before eating
- After going to the bathroom
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- When you can’t get to soap and water, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If someone is sick at home, wash your hands before and after caring for them.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
We directed members to the CDC’s COVID-2019 website to keep up with the latest updates. We also instructed them to call their providers if they develop coronavirus symptoms—fever, cough, or trouble breathing—if they have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, or believe they may have been exposed to the virus.
The CDC and Johns Hopkins Medicine are sources for the latest information about the virus.
Revised Procedure for Criminal Background Checks for Prospective USFHP Providers
JHHC is required to initiate criminal background checks, per TRICARE regulations, on initial providers that request to participate with the Johns Hopkins US Family Health Plan (USFHP).
HireRight is a company JHHC utilizes to conduct the criminal background checks. JHHC will initiate the process by submitting to HireRight the email address listed on the provider’s credentialing application.
- The applicant will receive an email from HireRight containing the web address and login information to fill out the background screening information necessary to complete the background check. Please be advised that a secure online portal is used for the applicant to provide their personal information.
- Once the applicant signs in using the authentication information provided in the email, they will be required to set up their own password. Instructions will be provided with a brief explanation of what to expect when completing the required information.
- The applicant will be prompted to provide information appropriate to the screening order (JHHC Criminal Background Check Package). Once complete, the applicant will review the accuracy of the information they entered and then provide an electronic consent.
- The applicant will review the disclosure and authorization forms, check the two certification boxes and provide an electronic signature.
- A confirmation message will display an estimated date of completion for the background check.