Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention and Coverage Information for Plan Members
To address concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19), Johns Hopkins HealthCare posted important information on member websites. This messaging covers the COVID-19 virus, how the virus is spread, and actions members can take to protect themselves and their families. We have also assured them that any COVID-19 testing or treatment they need will be covered by their health plans and that they would pay their usual cost shares. We reminded members about these steps they can take to prevent infection:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially:
- Before eating
- After going to the bathroom
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- When you can’t get to soap and water, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If someone is sick at home, wash your hands before and after caring for them.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
We directed members to the CDC’s COVID-2019 website to keep up with the latest updates. We also instructed them to call their providers if they develop coronavirus symptoms—fever, cough, or trouble breathing—if they have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, or believe they may have been exposed to the virus.
The CDC and Johns Hopkins Medicine are sources for the latest information about the virus.