At Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, our nursing recognitions are as varied and diverse as the talented people on our nursing units.
Each spring, we celebrate the accomplishments of our dedicated staff by recognizing poster and podium presentations, national speakers, new degrees, promotions and advanced certifications. Peer-to-peer and unit-based distinctions abound in the form of Applause, a Johns Hopkins Medicine rewards program, Patient Safety Stars from the Armstrong Institute, and other internal or external awards such as the ones you will read about below.
The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses honors the super-human work that nurses do for patients and their families each day. If you would like to nominate a nurse, simply click the DAISY logo at right.
DAISY Award winners from Johns Hopkins Bayview include the following stellar nurses:
- The Combined Pediatric Unit, Team Award (2020)
- Mary Goldstein, BSN, RN, CNOR, Operating Room (2019)
- Ruth Thomas, RN and Nancy Spatafore, RN, Team Award, NICU (2019)
- Guy Dickens, BSN, RN, Float Pool (2019)
- Stephanie Deighton, BSN, RN, CCRN, Surgical ICU (2018)
- Tina Dardamanis, BSN, RN, CEN, Emergency Department (2017)
Nurse of the Year at Johns Hopkins Bayview
The Nurse of the Year award recognizes and rewards excellence in nursing practice at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. Recent award winners include:
- Kate Wolski, BSN, RN, CCRN, Float Pool (2019)
- Victoria Wotorson, MSN, RN, Medical ICU (2018)
- Jonathan Espenancia, BSN, RN, Carol Ball Medicine Unit (2017)
Johns Hopkins School of Nursing Shining Stars
- Maria Sheilla Membrebe, MSN/ED, RN, ONC, CMSRN, CBN | Rosenwald Nursing Innovator of the Year (2020)
- Michael Mugo, RN | Suzanne Concato Nurse Preceptor Award (2019)
- Rona Corral, MSN, RN, CNS | Rosenwald Nursing Innovator of the Year (2018)
- Patty Mattox, MSN, RN, ANP-BC, ACNP-BC | Suzanne Concato Nurse Preceptor Award (2018)
- Alphie Rahman, DNP, APRN-CNS, CCRN | Preceptor Shining Star (2017)