Important Announcement How COVID-19 Impacts Your Care at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Each laboring person who is admitted for delivery will receive a rapid COVID-19 test. If you are COVID-19 positive, our care team will follow our COVID-19 protocol to ensure the safest delivery.
- Learn more about Childbirth Education. To register for classes, please go to events.sibley.org and select Women’s and Infants Services from the Department dropdown to see what is currently available.
- To answer commonly asked questions around COVID-19, Johns Hopkins Medicine has created general patient information for pregnant people and new parents.
- For more information on admissions and pre-admission forms, please click here.
- All doulas providing care at Sibley Memorial Hospital are required to show proof of their COVID-19 vaccination when entering the Labor and Delivery and Family Centered Care units. Learn more in the FAQs.
Sibley is the most trusted hospital for parents-to-be, delivering more babies than anywhere else in Washington, D.C.
Our space is designed from the ground up to deliver a special birthing experience that combines exceptional comfort and amenities with the latest medical technology. Learn more about Sibley's comprehensive maternity services.
- Family Centered Care Units: Explore our large postpartum rooms allow people to labor, deliver and recover all in one room, each with a sleep sofa and 55" HD TV.
- Special Care Nursery Room: Learn more about our onsite unit for babies requiring specialized care after birth.
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Services: Learn how we can help manage high-risk pregnancies.
- Find an Obstetrician: Visit our physician directory to view the wide range of obstetricians who deliver at Sibley.
- Tours: Take a video tour of our new space or schedule a in-person tour of our facilities, offered multiple times during the week.
- Prenatal Classes: Prepare for parenthood by registering for one of our classes on a range of topics including care skills, breastfeeding, infant and child CPR and yoga classes (for both expecting mothers and babies).
- Labor & Delivery: Sibley's experienced labor and delivery team provide quality, compassionate care throughout your childbirth experience and beyond.
- Birth Registrar: After your baby is born, the Birth Registrar will submit the birth to DC Vital Records. Learn more about how to obtain a Birth Certificate and Social Security Card for your baby.
Newborn Hearing Screening Program
Our team identifies infants who need further diagnostic testing for the purpose of early intervention and normal language development. For outpatient newborn hearing screenings, please call 202-364-7665 to schedule an appointment. The outpatient newborn hearing screenings are located on the 1st Floor of Building D in Outpatient Rehabilitation.
Caring Moments From the Women's and Infants' Services Department
Hear nurses and care staff at Sibley Memorial Hospital talk about what connects them to their patients, coworkers and the hospital.