I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Reasons to Seek Spiritual Support
People often turn to a Higher Power for comfort and support during treatment. When you are ill, you may want to pray with a chaplain. The Pastoral Care staff includes Protestant ministers, Roman Catholic priests, an Episcopal priest, and others who can be contacted upon request, including a Jewish rabbi, Buddhist priest, Muslim imam, and Hindu pandit.
Emotional and Spiritual Support
Chaplains can provide emotional and spiritual support while you are in the hospital, by:
- Listening with respect and without judgment
- Facilitating discussion of difficult events
- Providing partnership in prayer
- Offering comfort in times of distress and anxiety
- Respecting your religious traditions and spiritual practices
- Supporting your family and friends
Religious Rituals and Resources
At The Johns Hopkins Hospital, you will have access to:
- Scheduled worship services
- Resources such as Bibles, rosaries, and Shabbat candles
- Sacraments and rituals (baptisms, blessings, naming ceremonies, Holy Communion, Annointing of the Sick, Sacrament of Reconciliation)
- Assistance with completing an advance directive/living will
- Conversations about end-of-life decisions
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.