Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Facts & Figures
The Johns Hopkins Hospital offers an astonishing level of service and innovation, with state-of-the-art facilities like the Sheikh Zayed Tower, The Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children's Center and the Nelson/Harvey building.
- 33 state-of-the-art operating rooms:
- 14 neurosurgery/general surgery
- 10 pediatric
- Six cardiac
- Three obstetric
Sheikh Zayed Tower (adult care)
- 355 private inpatient rooms:
- 224 acute care
- 96 intensive care
- 35 obstetric
Bloomberg Children's Center
- 205 private inpatient rooms:
- 120 acute care
- 45 neonatal intensive care (NICU)
- 40 pediatric intensive care (PICU)
- Level 1 pediatric trauma services
- Pediatric burn services
- Two-story indoor play area
- 136 private rooms:
- 21 intermediate care
- 115 inpatient care
- Family respite areas
Adult Emergency Department
- 67 private exam rooms
- Six trauma care rooms equipped with the latest medical technology
- Expanded radiology suite featuring X-ray, CT, MRI and ultrasound
- 17-bed acute care observation unit integrated into the department
- "Front door" location in the main hospital building
- Ability to accommodate up to 75,000 visits a year
Pediatric Emergency Department
- Ability to share trauma capacity with the adult emergency department
- The only state-designated trauma center for children in Maryland
- Ability to accommodate more than 40,000 visits a year
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.