The size of the diploma is 17" x 14". If a replacement or duplicate diploma is needed, make your request in writing to:
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Attn: Office of the Registrar - Diploma Request
Edward D. Miller Research Building, Suite 147
733 North Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
Include a check in the amount of $55 per diploma, payable to "The Johns Hopkins University" along with a letter indicating the following:
- Name at graduation
- Current name (specify which name should appear on the diploma if different)
- Mailing address
- Phone number (in case of questions)
- Year of graduation
- Degree earned
- Proof of identity (a photocopy of your driver's license, birth certificate, U.S. passport, etc.)
- Duplicate/replacement diplomas resemble the original except signature of the President, Dean and Chairman of the Board of Trustees are those of current officers.
- Orders for duplicate/replacement diplomas are processed during the first week of each month except May, due to graduation ceremony preparations.
- If money is owed JHU, replacement/duplicate diploma will not be released until account is satisfied.
- If requesting a diploma for someone deceased, include proof of your identity, proof of relation to the deceased (birth certificate, obituary mention, etc.), and proof of death (obituary, death certificate).
- Allow 6-8 weeks from date of request for delivery.
To request a certified copy of your diploma, please use this form, this process takes 5 business days to complete.