I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Interventional Spine and Musculoskeletal Fellowship Program
This is a 12-months, non-ACGME fellowship program. Applicants must obtain a Maryland license and independent DEA license prior to start. Medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, and malpractice insurance. Salary commensurate with PGY-5 annual salary at Johns Hopkins University.
- Evaluating and managing patients in our Spine/MSK clinic under the guidance of the fellowship director Akhil Chhatre M.D.
- Comprehensive advanced fluoroscopic interventional spine and MSK procedural training
- Neurosurgical spine clinic with neurosurgery faculty
- Electromyography with the Department of Neurology/Neuromuscular Medicine
- Dedicated one-month sports medicine rotation with orthopedic sports medicine faculty
- Independent fellow follow-up continuity clinic
- Monthly spine imaging rounds
- Quarterly journal club
- Appointment of Instructor in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Call Q4-6 weeks as part of faculty coverage
Criteria for Acceptance
- Board-eligible graduate of North American Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Program
- Three letters of recommendation with at least one coming from your academic institution
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
Past Fellows and Where They are Now
Ashley "Simone" Maybin, M.D.
Fellowship year: 2019-2020
Ronald Shin, D.O.
Fellowship year: 2018-2019
Andrew Nava, M.D.
Fellowship year: 2017-2018
Next step: The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
Eric Scholten, M.D.
Fellowship year: 2016-2017
Next step: Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, PA
David Taftian, D.O.
Fellowship year: 2015-2016
Next step: Facey Medical Group, Valencia, CA
Please contact fellowship director Dr. Akhil Chhatre firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.