I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
News and Events
Sheikh Khalifa Stroke Institute Webinar Series
The SKSI Webinar Series aims to bring clinicians insight from our stroke care experts, from treatment of acute stroke to rehabilitation. Free webinars are posted monthly for you to watch at your convenience, followed by a live Q&A with the expert.
Learn about courses, conferences and events for continuing medical education and professional development.
Hear from and connect with Johns Hopkins PM&R health care professionals.
See which online publications our rehabilitation physicians and therapists have been featured in.
Highlights from the Restore Newsletter
Innovations in Stroke Care and Rehabilitation
From the moment a stroke occurs, neuroplasticity is heightened, readying the brain for repair. However, says new faculty member Preeti Raghavan, traditional stroke care often doesn’t capitalize on this critical period. The care delivered at the new Sheikh Khalifa Stroke Institute is markedly different from that conventionally delivered to stroke patients, explains Johns Hopkins physiatrist April Pruski. The information exchange between neurologists and physiatrists, through rounding together and daily meetings, can change the course of care.
- Akhil Chhatre Recognized as a SpineLine 20 Under 40 Winner
- Johns Hopkins Gets $50 Million From UAE for Global Stroke Center
- PM&R Resident Travels to Puerto Rico to Aid in Hurricane Relief
- Felicia Hill-Briggs, Ph.D., Elected to the National Academy of Medicine
- Stephen Wegener is the 2017 Recipient of the Donlin M. Long Pain Service Award
- Rehabilitation Team Helps Bermuda Couple Renew Vows, Celebrate Life
- PM&R Therapists Co-author Research on Early Incremental Mobilization
- Recap from the 2017 PM&R Expo Organized by the PM&R Interest Group
- Pablo Celnik Receives Carolyn Braddom Ritzier Research Award
- Stacy Suskauer Recognized for Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research
Renewing Our Vows | The Eves' Story
After suffering an aortic dissection, Wendell Eve was rushed from his home in Bermuda to The Johns Hopkins Hospital for surgery. The inpatient stay overlapped with plans for Wendell and his wife, Rose, to renew their wedding vows. Determined to help the couple, Wendell's rehabilitation physicians, nurses and therapists teamed up with customer service to make it happen in Baltimore.
Firas Mawase Receives the Alfred Blalock Research Award
Post-doctoral fellow Firas Mawase was honored as part of the 2018 Young Investigators Day. Firas and his team at the Human Brain Physiology and Stimulation Lab have developed a novel motor skill training protocol and showed that individualized and intense motor skill training improves finger dexterity and basic hand functions, and reduces abnormal finger flexion synergy in people with chronic stroke.
"I found that Johns Hopkins is unique because it is home to experts in clinical practice and research, and it integrates clinical practice and research, making it an ideal location to tackle challenging clinical problems with cutting-edge approaches," says Firas.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.