The Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children’s Center
Johns Hopkins Children’s Center state-of-the-art 209-bed Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children’s Center building opened in 2012. Today, families and visitors now enter a world designed for 21st century pediatric medicine.
From its soaring lobby, large operating rooms equipped for the most technically complex procedures imaginable, spacious patient rooms and welcoming family facilities, the new building provides a hospital experience that matches the world-class medicine it affords.
A printable mapof the East Baltimore campus is available, as well as our wayfinding app.
View larger map
What You’ll See
- A significantly larger children’s hospital with 12 stories and 560,000 square feet
- 205 private inpatient rooms
- A 45-bed neonatal intensive care unit
- A 40-bed pediatric intensive care unit
- State-of-the-art pediatric psychiatry unit
- 10 state-of-the-art surgical suites and built for less-invasive surgeries
- A dedicated pediatric radiology unit
- Telecommunications consult facilities
- Oncology and psychiatry floors with separate, but adjacent, outpatient and inpatient treatment areas
- Dedicated areas on units for translational research
- New physical medicine and rehabilitation outpatient clinic
- Pediatric cardiology outpatient center, noninvasive imaging suite
- The acceleration of basic science discoveries into early detection and treatment
- A healing environment that gives patients and families control over stressful situations
- Adjacencies between pediatric and adult clinicians, fostering collaborations and research
- Expansion of pediatric subspecialties and fellowship programs
We invite you to learn more about the advances in care that are in store for children and their families. Tour the cutting-edge facilities available to our world-class clinicians and scientists to help accelerate the translation of research into new treatments and cures.
Explore the Children's Center
Find A Pediatric Specialist
Search our experts by specialty, disease, or condition
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures