Now in its 14th year, the Institute for Basic Biomedical Sciences gathers science reporters for an annual, daylong event focused on a single research topic. Journalists enjoy firsthand access to Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine researchers and physicians, getting the opportunity to learn about the latest advancements in health, medicine and science. Past events focused on topics ranging from sensory biology to epigenetics to pain and tissue regeneration and the brain to metabolism research and the immune system and immunology. Nearly 100 journalists and science writers from all regions in the U.S. and Canada have attended this exclusive event.
Who Can Attend
The Science Writers' Boot Camp is open to science writers of all types including journalists and public information officers. To join our email list for information about our events, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our next Science Writers' Boot Camp is June 6, 2022. The focus of the day will be women's health. Join us for this free, day-long immersion in science and medicine.
Learn More About Cutting-Edge Research at Johns Hopkins
- Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter Fundamentals.
- Like us on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter. #JHMBootCamp
Explore Past Boot Camps
- 2021 The Science of Diversity
- 2020 If the Medicine Fits: The Promise of Precision Medicine in Action
- 2019 Mysteries of the Mind - Understanding Mental Health and Addiction
- 2018 The Price We Pay:Growing Old in America
- 2017 The Frenemy Within: How the immune system can help us and hurt us, and its radical personalized future