I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Science Writers' Boot Camp
Now in its 10th year, the Institute for Basic Biomedical Sciences gathers science reporters for an annual, daylong event focused on a single research topic. Journalists enjoy firsthand access to Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine researchers and physicians, getting the opportunity to learn about the latest advancements in health, medicine and science. Past events focused on topics ranging from sensory biology to epigenetics to pain and tissue regeneration and the brain to metabolism research and the immune system and immunology. Nearly 100 journalists and science writers from all regions in the U.S. and Canada have attended this exclusive event.
Who Can Attend
The Science Writers' Boot Camp is open to science communicators of all types including writers, journalists, bloggers and public information officers. To join our email list for information about our events, please contact us at email@example.com.
Learn More About Cutting-Edge Research at Johns Hopkins
- 2018 The Price We Pay:Growing Old in America
- 2017 The Frenemy Within: How the immune system can help us and hurt us, and its radical personalized future
- 2016 Weighty Matters: Advances in Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism Research
- 2015 Matters of the Heart: Advances in Cardiovascular and Related Research
- 2014 Brainiacs: Recent Advances in Neuroscience
- 2013 Regenerative Medicine
- 2012 A Day of Pain
- 2011 Genes To Society