The following tasks must be completed prior to starting Hospitalist Sub-Internship.
HOW TO ELECT THE ADVANCED CLERKSHIP IN MEDICINE
(Visiting sub interns, see below)
1. To sign-up for the Hospitalist Sub-I elective, please contact Dr. Padmini Ranasinghe, at email@example.com.
2. Please let Dr. Ranasinghe know when you are interested in rotating on the hospitalist service. ***Slots will be assigned on a "first come, first served" basis****. Remember, the hospitalist service accepts sub-interns year-round.
3. If there is space, Dr. Ranasinghe will let you know that you have been accepted. You will then be REQUIRED to complete a Registration Form within 14 days.
4. Pick up and complete an Elective Registration Form from the Registrar’s Office or download a form from the Registrar’s Office website. A copy of the Elective Registration Form must be on file in the Registrar’s Office prior to the start of the elective.
5. Keep a copy (Yellow Student Copy) of the Elective Registration Form for your records. If you download the form from the internet, it is suggested that you make a photocopy for your records.
6. Drop off the completed Elective Registration Form for signature with Lisa Williams in the Hospitalist Office, Park Building, Room 307.
7. You will deliver the forms to the Registrar’s Office with Dr. Ranasinghe's signature.
8. Please contact Lisa Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible to arrange a time to stop by and complete the required credentialing paperwork in the Hospitalist Office, Park Building, Room 307.
9. POE training: POE Training is offered on the first Tuesday and the last Tuesday of each month. To schedule your POE Training Session, call 4-0958. You will need "sub-intern"-level access.
10. EPR access: You should already have this.
11. Listing on Pagerbox.com: please contact Lisa Williams (email@example.com or 443-287-3631). She will also provide you with a two-way pager. The pager must be returned at the end of the rotation.
12. Compliance Plus Training: Please contact Lisa Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-287-3631).
13. POE and Compliance Plus training must be finished before starting the rotation.
VISITING SUB INTERNS
The following tasks must be completed prior to starting Hospitalist Sub-Internship:
1. Please contact Emma Sullens (email@example.com or 410-614-4320) to have her help you with the required credentialing paperwork.
a. This must include HIPAA certification.
2. Please contact Lisa Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-287-3631) to have her arrange:
a. POE training
b. EPR training
c. Listing on Pagerbox.com. She will also provide you with a two-way pager. The pager must be returned at the end of the rotation.
d. Compliance Plus Training
3. Please arrange to arrive in Baltimore a few days early to complete the required training before starting the rotation. Let Lisa Williams know when you will be arriving. If you are staying in Reed Hall, please make arrangements for early arrival.
For more information, please e-mail the Hospitalist Director for Education, Dr. Padmini Ranasinghe, at email@example.com.