This page includes information that is vital for the promotion process, including a seminar on the principles and processes, and sample CVs.
Promotion at Hopkins: Principles and Process (SOM Faculty Only)
Sponsored by the Office of Faculty (Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Appointments and Promotions [Dr. Nauder Faraday])
Become informed about the promotions process at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine from Chairs and members of the Associate Professor Promotions Committee (APPC), the Clinical Excellence Promotion Track (CEPC), and the Professorial Promotion Committee (PPC). In each session, you will learn about the promotions process at the SOM, the requirements for academic promotion, your director’s nomination letter and other letters, how to structure your CV and prepare it in the required format, common challenges, and other valuable insights.
Session recordings and slides:
Associate Professor Promotions Committee (APPC)
- APPC Slides: Promotions, Promotions Process at JHM 11/8/2022
- APPC Promotion Information Session 11/8/2022
- APPC Promotion Information Session 4/21/2022
- APPC Promotion Information Session 10/19/2021
- APPC Slides 10/2021
Professorial Promotions Committee (PPC)
- PPC Promotion Information Session 5/2/2022
- PPC Slides 5/2/2022
- PPC Promotion Information Session 11/2/2021
- PPC Promotion Information Session 5/4/2021
- PPC Slides: PPC Talk 2021, Promotions Process at JHM 11/2/2021
Clinical Excellence Promotions Committee (CEPC)
- CEPC Promotion Information Session 4/6/2022
- CEPC Slides 4/6/2022
- CEPC Promotion Information Session 12/8/2021
- Clinical Excellence Track Promotions Process at JHU SOM 2021
- Video from 1/8/2020 Information Session (please click Authenticate and enter your JHED credentials)
Clinical Excellence Track - New!
The Clinical Excellence Promotion Track is designed to recognize, reward and advance the careers of faculty whose primary academic focus, professional effort and time commitment is the sustained delivery, support and teaching of clinically excellent patient care.
- Required Documents for Clinical Excellence Track
- Committee Members
- Example of Chairs' Letter of Promotion and Impact Statement below
If you are having difficulty accessing the slide decks, kindly attempt accessing them through a different browser.
Promotion and Tenure: CV Samples and Chairs' Letters for Promotion
Please email Karen Parkent for questions regarding formatting your CV.
- Edward J. Bernacki, MD, MPH
- Margaret S. Chisolm, MD
- Peter Espenshade, PhD
- Andrew Josef Ewald, PhD
- Nancy Hutton, MD
- Charles J. Love, MD
- Thomas Alan Nakagawa, MD
- Nicholas Theodore, MS, MD, FAANS, FACS
- Antonio C. Wolff, MD
- Duvuru Geetha, MD (Clinical Excellence Track, Professor)
- Matthew McNabney, MD (Clinical Excellence Track, Professor)
- Joyce Harrison, MD (Clinical Excellence Track, Associate Professor)
- Mihail Zilbermint, MD (Clinical Excellence Track, Associate Professor)