Now more than ever, the pressure is on to provide high quality care while increasing efficiency and reducing costs. If you are looking for ways to heal health care from within, Lean could be your answer. Armed with Lean tools and techniques, your frontline staff can identify waste in their health care delivery processes and then reduce or eliminate that waste.
Easy to learn and apply, Lean methodology has helped health care organizations to realize many benefits, including reduced patient wait times, faster processing of medications, decreased risk of medication errors, less inventory and more patient-focused processes. Lean can be applied to virtually any system where waste exists.
to November 9, 11, 16, 18
- 10am – 12n EDT
The Participant Experience
Participants in our courses learn by doing. As they are introduced to Lean tools, they practice using them during hands-on exercises that simulate the inefficient systems encountered in their workplaces.
- A3 (project planning and documentation)
- 7 Wastes (Defects, Overproduction, Motion, Over-processing, Waiting, Inventory, Transportation)
- Value Stream Mapping (to identify waste of waiting, inventory and non-value-added activity)
- Spaghetti Diagramming (to identify waste of motion and transportation)
- Operational Methods Sheets (to promote standard work)
- 5 S (Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, Sustain)
- Kaizen (rapid improvement events)
- Mistake-Proofing (Eliminate, Replace, Facilitate, Detect, Mitigate)
- Visual Management (Kanban, One-piece flow)
- Control Plans
Health care professionals, including executives, physicians, nurses, hospital and medical office administration staff, industrial and management engineers, laboratory and specialized health care services staff, clinical staff, pharmacy staff and all others interested in applying Lean methodology to a health care system.
Laura Winner, Dr.PH, R.N., B.S.N., M.B.A.
Senior Director Lean Sigma Deployment at the Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute
Robert Hody, B.S., M.S.
Director, Lean Sigma Deployment
Scott Burkett, B.S.
Senior Quality and Innovation Coach
Zoom and Blackboard
Constellation Energy Building
750 E. Pratt St., 4th Floor Conference Center
Baltimore, MD 21202
8 a.m.-5 p.m. both days
Get details on parking, hotels and attractions.
Email email@example.com or call 410-637-7170.