I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
In the News
Regularly featured in national media, the following is a collection of the outlets where the VTE Collaborative has helped advance public knowledge on blood clot prevention and measurement.
- Recipient of 2019 E. Robert Feroli Award for Excellence in Medication Safety
- Getting patients on board with VTE prophylaxis (ACP Hospitalist, February, 2019)
- 2019 Top Twenty Minogue Award for Patient Safety Innovation- Circle of Honor Award (Maryland Patient Safety Center, February, 2019)
- Taking bias out of health care (Heart & Stroke 2018 Heart Report)
- ‘Active learning’ module improves VTE prophylaxis administration (HemOnctoday, December 28, 2017)
- Are You At Risk Of Developing Dangerous Blood Clots? (Men’s Health, November 29, 2017)
- These 8 Groups Of People Are More Prone To Blood Clots (Prevent/Health, November 14, 2017)
- Toward More Personalized Learning (Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Fall edition, 2017)
- Preventing VTE takes a data-driven team effort (Clinical Congress Daily Highlights, Wednesday Second Edition, October 25, 2017)
- Online Education Boosts Proper Use of Drugs That Prevent Blood Clots (Press Release Point, August 17, 2017)
- Online education boosts proper use of drugs that prevent blood clots (Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, August 16, 2017)
- Two more Senate Republicans oppose health-care bill, leaving it without enough votes to pass (The Washington Post, July 18, 2017)
- Inferior Vena Cava Filter Use Fell After FDA Warning but Remains High (tctMD/the heart beat, July 12, 2017)
- 7 Things That Raise Risks of Blood Clots and DVT (Everyday Health, June 16, 2014)
- The latest in AHCA drama (Politico, Morning ehealth, March 16, 2017)
- A Fix for Gender Bias in Health Care? Check. (The New York Times, January 11, 2017)
- Becker’s Infection Control & Clinical Quality. 10 Most popular stories, studies on bloodstream infections and blood clots in 2015 (December 16, 2015)
- Surgeon-in-Training Report Cards Can Help Reduce Blood Clots in Hospitalized Patients. The Johns Hopkins News Media (Release Date: December 10, 2015)
- Blood Clots Show Limits of Quality Care Penalties (The Health Care Blog, August 6, 2015)
- Blood Clot Prevention Is Higher Priority at Hospitals (The Wall Street Journal, August 3, 2015)
- Bioscience Technology. Johns Hopkins Medicine. Scientific Daily. A Better Way to Prevent Blood Clots? (Release Date: October 15, 2012)
- After Hospital Discharge, Trauma Patients Face Increased Death Risk (AARP Bulletin, March 9, 2011)
- American College of Surgeons. Inspiring Quality: Leading the Way to Improve Care (ACS, Maryland Health Care Leaders Highlight Quality Improvement, 2011)