In an abundance of caution due to COVID-19, members will not be able to come to our office until further notice. We will continue to mail new membership cards (and replacement cards) on a regular basis. Please call our office number 202-364-7602, and we will explain the logistics.
SSA Members – please check out all of our events on our MemberClicks website – you will be able to register for SSA events with one click of your mouse.
Please visit: https://smh.memberclicks.net/login#/login
Take Care. Be Safe.
Sibley Senior Newsletter
Read the Second Quarter 2022 SSA Newsletter (April | May | June)
We are here to support you. The Sibley Senior Association (SSA) office is closed in response to COVID-19 and we are working remotely to continue to provide you with timely information and resources. Call 202-364-7602 for more information.
A Wellness Program for Those Over Fifty
If you are 50 years or older, Sibley Memorial Hospital invites you to become a member of an association that will help you maintain your good health. We have over 7,000 members.
The annual fee for new members is $20 for one person or $38 for two people at the same address. In addition to offering an annual primary membership for $20, we now offer a multi-year option to new members and renewing members. There are similar discounts for associate members living at the same address.
- 3 year primary membership $55 (savings of $5)
- 5 year primary membership $85 (savings of $15)
- 10 year primary membership $ 165 (savings of $35)
As a Sibley Senior Association Member, you will receive:
- A 50 percent discount in our parking garage
- The Sibley Senior Association quarterly newsletter, which lists all of our seminars, classes and events
- A 10 percent discount on gift items in the Serenity gift shop, located on the first floor of the Sibley Medical Building
- Support groups
- Exercise classes
- AARP Smart Driver course
- Access to our spousal bereavement program Widowed Persons Outreach: Helping and Healing
- Access to Club Memory, a supportive social group for people with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and early stage dementia and their care partners
- One free guest meal for a visitor if you are hospitalized at Sibley
- Help from Sibley professionals, including a free consultation with Sibley pharmacists
Sibley Senior Newsletter
The quarterly publication of Sibley Senior is available. Download the newsletter and read more about our support groups, special programs and activities, Widowed Persons Outreach and exercise classes, and access the full Sibley Senior Association event calendar.
Quarterly Book Discussion on Race — The Origins of our Discontents
September 22, 2021
Watch a panel discussion of Johns Hopkins University faculty in the discussion of Caste – The Origins of our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson
Quarterly Book Discussion on Race
May 29, 2021
Sharon Sellers hosted the Quarterly Book Discussion on Race on May 29, featuring Robin DiAngelo’s book, White Fragility and Ibram X Kendi’s book, How to Be an Antiacist. The panelists were:
- Sherita Hill Golden, M.D., M.H.S., Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Katrina Myers Caldwell, Ph.D., Vice Provost and Chief Diversity Officer, The Johns Hopkins University
- Stephen Ragsdale, Associate Professor of the JH Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Joan Mulholland, Civil Rights Activist
If you missed last week's Black History Month book discussion with Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, you can view the video. Sharon Sellers, senior community dementia program manager, moderated the discussion on Dr. Dyson's book Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon to White America.
Issues discussed include:
- Signs of stress
- Dealing with stress
- Building resilience – what are the strategies and tools
- Coping skills and strategies
Controlling chronic disease can improve outcomes in COVID-19. Learn more about telemedicine and vaccines – and the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Main topics include:
- COVID-19 - what do we know?
- Assessing care - is it safe to go to the doctor
- Preventive recommendation for seniors
Sibley Memorial Hospital
Attention: Sibley Senior Association
5255 Loughboro Road, N.W.
Washington, DC 20016
If you are sending a check for membership or any classes or events, please make checks payable to Sibley Memorial Hospital and mail to our address above.
The Sibley Senior Association office recently moved back to the first floor of the Renaissance Building. The office is staffed between 9 a.m. and noon and 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. for photo IDs.