Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Patient and Family Advisory Council
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is dedicated to the improvement of quality in patient and family care at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. The Advisory Council is comprised of past and present patients and family and Johns Hopkins staff members.
Patients and their families are often the most knowledgeable members of the care team, and can offer unique perspectives and valuable feedback regarding the standard of care they receive. Patient advisors represent the views of a diverse patient group, with members providing insight which represents different genders, ages, incomes, geographic locations, information from personal inpatient or outpatient experiences, and more.
Johns Hopkins advisors provide insights across a variety of medical disciplines, and include physicians, nurses, safety and service specialists and managers.
This shared relationship enables the Advisory Council, which meets on a monthly basis, to:
- Identify patient and family needs and concerns.
- Provide feedback on current systems and processes in the hospital.
- Generate new ideas to improve the standard of care.
- Act as catalysts and advocates to integrate patient-centered care across the institution.
How Can I Become Involved?
For additional information about the Patient and Family Advisory Council, or to inquire about becoming an advisor, please send an email to email@example.com. To explore other opportunities to volunteer at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, please contact the Office of Volunteer Services.
- Download the Application for Patient and Family Advisors
Related Patient and Family Advisory Councils
- The Johns Hopkins Children’s Center
- Department of Emergency Medicine Patient and Family Advisory Council
- Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center Oncology Council
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Ambulatory (Outpatient) Patient and Family Advisory Council
- Valued Partners - Dome, May 31, 2013
- The Patient's Perspective - Johns Hopkins Nursing Magazine, Fall 2012
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.