General surgery experts at Johns Hopkins treat patients experiencing a wide variety of problems requiring surgery — from benign, routine conditions to complex cancers. Highly skilled Johns Hopkins surgeons offer the latest techniques and treatments, including minimally invasive and robotic surgery options.
Same Day and Next Day General Surgery Consultations: What to Expect
Johns Hopkins is pleased to offer same day and next day surgical evaluations for a variety of common problems, including:
- Gallstones and other gallbladder problems
- Lumps and bumps, including lipomas, boils, cysts and skin tags
- Some incisional, inguinal and ventral hernias
When you call, you'll be asked to provide information such as your address and phone number. Please also have information about your insurance provider available. A member of our team will ask you questions about your symptoms, which will help us schedule your appointment appropriately.
- In most cases, appointment requests made before noon for any of the diagnoses listed above, an appointment for the same day will be offered.
- For requests made later than noon, an appointment for the next day will be offered.
Surgical consultations are available throughout the Greater Baltimore area.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Johns Hopkins Health Care & Surgery Center — Green Spring Station
Other General Surgery Services
In addition to providing next day consults for routine, common procedures, Johns Hopkins general surgeons are available for all types of surgical needs, including the most complex. Learn more about each of our general surgery programs and teams.
- Bariatric Surgery
- Breast Cancer Surgery
- Gastric Cancer Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Sarcoma Surgery
- Melanoma Surgery
- Pancreas, Liver, Bile Duct, and Gallbladder Surgery