I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
About the Johns Hopkins Rehabilitation Network
The Johns Hopkins Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation has been helping patients recover function since 1992. Our eight convenient locations form the Johns Hopkins Rehabilitation Network, which provides comprehensive rehabilitation services and continuum of care to patients throughout Maryland.
Learn how your gift can help the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Read the latest news about our physicians, therapists and the Johns Hopkins Rehabilitation Network.
Meet the physical medicine and rehabilitation leadership team.
Why Choose the Johns Hopkins Rehabilitation Network
- Our network provides easy access to care at eight convenient locations in the Baltimore area and throughout Maryland, and availability of world-renowned medical and surgical specialists.
- Many of our faculty members have made great advancements in scientific research, specifically in the areas of neurological rehabilitation and stroke recovery, gait and movement mechanics, swallowing disorders, and improving outcomes following injury.
- Our Activity and Mobility Program that was implemented across Johns Hopkins Medicine helps hospitalized patients start moving early and avoid risks associated with prolonged immobility.
- Our facilities include inpatient rehabilitation units that are uniquely equipped and staffed to help patients recover after stroke and other neurological conditions, spinal cord injuries, and orthopaedic issues.
When rehabilitation units are in the hospital, physicians can coordinate care better and faster if a patient’s health status changes. We all work together to improve patients’ function to a level that allows them to continue rehabilitation at home or at one of our many outpatient locations, so that people can enjoy life again after an illness.
- Marlis Gonzalez-Fernandez, M.D., Ph.D.
More About the Johns Hopkins Rehabilitation Network
The greatest advantage that patients have when they choose one of the inpatient rehabilitation facilities within the Johns Hopkins Rehabilitation Network is the on-site availability of world-renowned medical and surgical specialist expertise.
Our goal is to deliver seamless, value-based rehabilitation care across the continuum from acute care hospital to inpatient rehab, subacute rehab, home care and outpatient rehabilitation.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.