Congratulations to Our 2020 Excellence in Nursing Awardees!
This year, 12 outstanding Johns Hopkins nurses have been named “top nurses” by Baltimore magazine and are being presented with the publication’s 2020 Excellence in Nursing award.
- Moira Baynes, R.N., M.S.N.
- Wilma Berends, M.S.N., C.P.H.Q.
- Tonya L. Bradley, R.N.
- Amy Brown, M.S.N., M.A., R.N., O.C.N.
- Lisa M. Brune, B.A., B.S.N., R.N.
- Peter B. Cornell, R.N., M.S.N., C.R.N.P.-A.C., F.N.E.-A.
- Deborah Gross, D.N.Sc., R.N., F.A.A.N.
- Nathasha Hamler, R.N., B.S.N.
- Angela M. Leppert, B.S.N., R.N., L.C.N.
- Gina Vickery, B.S.N., R.N.
- Pawla Wenga, M.S.N., R.N., A.P.H.N.-B.C.
- Karen White, R.N.
The winning nurses are chosen from hundreds of nominations submitted by peers, supervisors and patients. Baltimore magazine enlists an expert panel of senior R.N. advisers to review the nominations and select the top nurses in a number of different specialties.
The Excellence in Nursing awardees are usually recognized in the May issue of the magazine to align with National Nurses Week, May 6–12. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the “top nurses” feature will be included in the September 2020 publication.
We applaud our 2020 Excellence in Nursing award winners and all the extraordinary Johns Hopkins nurses who stand on the front lines of care.
Thank you for your dedication, compassion and commitment to deliver the best care — one patient, one family, and one community at a time.