What do I need to know?
- Make sure you understand the instructions that your doctor or nurse will give you about taking care of your wound or any new medications you may need to take.
- Always clean your hands before and after caring for your wound.
- Make sure you know who to contact if you have questions or problems after you get home.
- If you have any symptoms of infection, call your doctor immediately. Signs of infection are:
- Redness or pain at the surgery site
- Drainage at the surgery site