Be a Part of Something Bigger
Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center offers a competitive benefits package. These benefits are available to employees scheduled to work 60 or more hours during a two-week pay period. Staff who work 40 scheduled hours per two-week pay period may be eligible for certain parts of the benefits plan. Learn more about benefits
- Holidays and paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with a portion covered by HCGH
- Employee tuition assistance and scholarships, as well as college tuition assistance for dependent children
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Short-term disability and optional long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance
- Free garage parking on campus
- Employee wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
Careers for Physicians and Other Clinicians
Physicians working at Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center are employed by a variety of entities, including:
- Johns Hopkins Health System Physicians
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Faculty
- Johns Hopkins Regional Physicians
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
- Johns Hopkins Emergency Management System
- Private Practice
Most physicians at Johns Hopkins Howard County report to one of the specialty departments: anesthesiology, emergency medicine, endocrinology, hospital medicine intensive/critical care, neurology, radiology, obstetrics/labor and delivery, pathology, pediatrics or surgery.
At Johns Hopkins Howard County, our nurses are encouraged to grow professionally, expand their skillset, and build on their education. Join our nursing team as we support each other and our community.
Careers for Administrative and Other Non-clinical Staff
Our hospital's operations rely on a variety of full-time and part-time skillful professionals such as environmental services workers, cooks, communications professionals and others who dedicate their craft to helping us provide care in our community.
Browse jobs related to:
- Support services and trades
- Clerical and administrative support
- Environmental services
- Information systems
- Dietary assistance
- Other non-clinical roles
Entry-level positions are available and experience isn’t required – training is provided.
Working and Living in Howard County
- #1 of peer counties for college education and advanced degrees: 62.6% with bachelor’s degrees, 30% have advanced degrees
- #2 of peer counties for median household income
- Public schools among the best in the nation and top-ranked school district in Maryland
- #6 Healthiest county in the U.S. in 2021 by U.S. News & World Report (up from #20 the previous year)
- Money Magazine 2016 - Columbia named best small city to live in; consistently in Money’s top 10 for more than a decade
Be a Part of Something Bigger
We asked some of our staff members: "Why do you love working at Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center?" Hear their responses.
Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center
Human Resources Department
Medical Arts Building
11085 Little Patuxent Pkwy, Suite 001
Columbia, MD 21044
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or apply to jobs or who needs special assistance or an accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact our Human Resources department at 410-740-7815. For TTY users, call via Maryland relay or dial 711.