Even if you are healthy, a primary care physician plays a very important role in making sure you stay that way. A primary care physician is skilled in preventing, diagnosing, treating and managing diseases as well as encouraging disease prevention and screening and promoting well-being. During regular, annual checkups, a primary care physician can:
- Provide the medical support needed to reduce or avoid emergency room visits.
- Identify illnesses that present without symptoms, such as high blood pressure, diabetes and/or high cholesterol.
- Educate you on health issues.
- Answer questions you may have about your health.
- Collaborate with specialists as needed.
- Evaluate your family history and identify illnesses you may be susceptible to.
- Prevent, screen and monitor conditions for which you may be at risk.
- Organize your medical history using an electronic medical record.
- Track and interpret your test results.
Please see below for a listing of primary care providers affiliated with Howard County General Hospital.
Affiliated Primary Care Practices
- Centennial Medical Group – Elkridge
- Charter Internal Medicine – Marriottsville
- Columbia Medical Practice – Columbia
- Crossroads Medical Associates - Ellicott City
- Family Medical Wellness Center - Elkridge
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians – Columbia
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians – Maple Lawn
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians – Odenton
- Maryland Primary Care Physicians – Columbia
- Padder Health Services – Columbia