So, this is it. Your big day is here. In your “go” bag you’ve packed everything you need for yourself and your new baby, including your registration forms, toiletries, robe, breastfeeding bra and breast cream. When you first suspect you have gone into labor, please call your care provider before you leave home to let him or her know how your labor is progressing. When you arrive at the hospital, you should come directly to the front lobby from 7am-11pm or to the Emergency Department entrance between 11pm and 7am. If you arrive for a scheduled C-section, you will check in at the Admissions desk in the front lobby of the main hospital building.
When you arrive, register and are settled into one of our 12 well-appointed, attractive birthing rooms, you will meet our specially trained obstetrical nurses who will be with you and your labor coach every step of the way. Each of our new, secure labor and delivery rooms has a private bathroom, complete with a shower and hairdryer, television, CD player and comfortable seating area. You will stay here to labor, deliver and bond with your new baby during the initial period of recovery, up to ninety minutes after the delivery. Anesthesiologists will be standing by in case you need anesthesia.
- Visitors are welcome 24 hours a day.
- The number of visitors is limited (and includes children).
- Children under 16 must be accompanied/supervised at all times by an adult who is not the patient.
- Visitors must check in at the Registration Desk.
- Visitors should be in good health and wear protective materials when necessary.
- Other visitors can wait in a designated area.
- In TRIAGE: one support person per patient.
In LABOR, limit 4 visitors (primary support plus 3 others).
In PRE-OP, OR. POST-OP/PACU: one support person per patient.