I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment Close to Home
Howard County General Hospital’s new Breast Center offers comprehensive breast services that include diagnostics and biopsies, and a full range of treatment options for breast cancer, provided by Johns Hopkins and HCGH specialists. Our Breast Center is the only hospital-based program for breast cancer treatment in Howard County, allowing our patients to receive expert care, close to home in Columbia, MD.
The Breast Center at Howard County General Hospital offers comprehensive care for women with breast cancer and other breast health issues, including those who:
- Have discovered a breast lump and need diagnostic imaging or biopsy
- Have an abnormal mammogram requiring a biopsy
- Have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and would like to consult about treatment options
- Have had a recurrence of breast cancer
|Addressing Facts & Fears in the Face of Breast Cancer|
Watch Johns Hopkins experts, including Lisa Jacobs, M.D. who leads our Breast Center, talk about facts and fears about breast cancer during a Facebook Live event.
|Breast Cancer Diagnosis & Treatment|
In this series of six videos, Lisa K. Jacobs, M.D., explains breast cancer diagnosis and treatment options, mammography recommendations, and detailed information about breast biopsy.
We offer the following team of specialists:
- Diagnostic Team
- Radiologists who perform screening and diagnostic mammograms
- Pathologists who analyze biopsied tissue
- Surgical oncologist
- Radiation oncologists
- Medical oncologists
- Breast reconstruction specialists
Support services for cancer patients are available at the Claudia Mayer / Tina Broccolino Cancer Resource Center.
To make an appointment, call 410-884-4744.