Caring for a loved one who is dealing with memory loss—whether in early stages or a diagnosed memory disorder—can feel distressing, but you don’t have to go it alone.
Is your loved one:
- Forgetting to eat or drink?
- Having trouble remembering to take medication?
- Becoming agitated or aggressive?
These, and many other signs, could mean it’s time to consider memory care.
Johns Hopkins Home Care Group provides expert memory care with a compassionate touch. Our memory care services help your loved one live at home longer—and improve the quality of life for your whole family.
We offer home memory care services in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard County, and parts of Anne Arundel County and Harford County. Get started by calling us or filling out the form below.
Memory Care Services from Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
Memory care focuses on teaching you how to help people who have memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. Your loved one doesn’t need to have a dementia diagnosis to qualify for our services. We provide assistance for anyone who’s experiencing memory loss that disrupts their daily life.
We offer services to help your loved one live with dignity, security and independence. Through our specialized approach, your loved one can live safely and comfortably in their own home, connected to the people and memories they love.
We work closely with you, as a family caregiver, to understand your and your loved one’s current needs and plan for the future.
Our memory care services include:
- Initial in-home assessment: When you contact us, we schedule a time to meet with you and your loved one in your home. You’ll meet our memory care coordinator and a registered nurse, who conduct a behavioral and nursing assessment and an in-home safety check.
- Tailored plan and ongoing support: We help you adjust to the changes that your loved one may experience and teach you about living with memory loss. We identify potential triggers and safety issues for your loved one. You learn strategies to help you be more successful with communication, care and other daily life needs. Your memory care coordinator stays in touch with you weekly to provide coaching and assistance.
- Personal care for your loved one: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group offers a wide range of personal care services, such as respite care and assistance with activities of daily living. Find out more about our personal care services with certified nursing assistants (CNAs).
Although insurance does not cover our services, our program may be cost effective over the long term by delaying the need to move to assisted living.
Why choose Johns Hopkins Home Care Group for memory care?
As experts in geriatric care, we understand the challenges that families face when a loved one is living with Alzheimer’s or dementia. A part of Johns Hopkins Medicine, our memory care team is focused on exceptional care. Highlights of our in-home memory care program include:
Our team of experienced providers include memory care coordinators, registered nurses, geriatric psychiatrists and CNAs. We bring our expertise from several fields together to provide comprehensive services that maximize your loved one’s health and well-being.
Focus on quality and safety
Safety is always a priority for our memory care team. The Johns Hopkins Home Care Group — including our memory care program — has received accreditation from the Joint Commission. The recognition shows that our dedication to patient care meets or exceeds national safety and quality standards.