If you are traveling to receive care at Johns Hopkins Medicine and need to stay in the area for follow-up care, you may want extra help while you are here. Johns Hopkins Care at Home offers complete personal care and skilled nursing services to help you feel at home.
Our personal care services are available to people staying at hotels or extended-stay lodging throughout Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard County, and parts of Anne Arundel County and Harford County.
To learn more, call us or fill out the form below.
Our Personal Care Services for International Travelers
Provided wherever you’re staying, our services for international travelers include the following personal services and skilled nursing care:
Services that we offer include:
- Companion care: Sitter services, diet monitoring, errands and companionship, such as help with writing letters or reading
- Escorting: Transportation to and from appointments and other activities, as well as international travel to accompany you to your home country
- Help with activities of daily living: Bathing, dressing, eating, grooming and hygiene, meal preparation, toileting and continence, transferring and walking
- Private, skilled nursing care: Infusion nursing, wound and ostomy care, dressing changes and feeding tube management
Why choose Johns Hopkins Care at Home for international care?
Our home care experts provide dependable services and support during your stay in the Baltimore area. Highlights of our international care program include:
Experienced personal care team
Our registered nurses and certified nursing assistants (CNAs) have expertise from several fields. You can rely on our team of experts, who are background checked, licensed, certified, insured and bonded.
Medically certified interpreters
If you need an interpreter, we provide trained, qualified medical interpreters in more than 230 languages, including sign language. Learn more about language services available through Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Focus on quality and safety
Johns Hopkins Care at Home — including our international care program — has received accreditation from the Joint Commission, an organization whose recognition shows that our dedication to patient care meets or exceeds national standards for safety and quality.
International Care from Johns Hopkins Care at Home: What to Expect
You can request our personal care services for several days to several months — we’re here to help for as long as you need us. When you work with us, this is what you can expect:
- Initial assessment: When you contact us, we schedule a time to speak with you to discuss your needs.
- Custom care plan: We review our services with you to decide which best meet your needs. We work within your budget to customize a care plan that includes the services and number of hours you need.
- Thoughtful caregiver matching: During our initial assessment, we spend time learning about your needs, interests and preferences. We then match you with a trained, experienced CNA caregiver based on those personal factors.
- Frequent contact: Our registered nurses stay in touch to review your care plan as often as needed. We adjust the plan to help ensure that you receive the care you need, when you need it.
Contact Us Today for a Free Assessment
Call 410-288-8993 today or complete the form below to learn more about our personal care services for international travelers. We respond to all requests within 24 hours or on the next business day, if it’s a weekend or holiday.