Living with a chronic health condition may affect your mobility and quality of life, keeping you from your daily activities. Johns Hopkins Care at Home provides home medical equipment that helps you manage care for yourself or a loved one. Our experienced team shows you how to use the equipment so you can stay safe and independent at home.
We deliver home medical equipment to people throughout Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. View our service area. To find out more about what we offer and how we can help you:
Our Home Medical Equipment
Home medical equipment, also called durable medical equipment, provides assistance in your home for a specific condition. You need a referral from your doctor or other care provider for specific equipment.
At Johns Hopkins Care at Home, we offer a comprehensive range of home medical equipment. Some types that we frequently supply include:
- Walking aids, such as walkers, canes and crutches
- Wheelchairs, power wheelchairs and scooters
- Aids for daily living, such as reachers
- Bathroom safety equipment, such as shower chairs and transfer benches
- Bedside commodes
Home Medical Equipment
- Braces and supports
- Hospital beds and accessories
Delivery and Training for Home Medical Equipment
- Equipment delivery and setup in your home
- In-person or virtual instruction for safe, effective use of the equipment, for you and any caregivers
- Customer service via phone for any equipment problems, with quick replacement
- Pickup of equipment from your home after use
- Equipment pickup locations in Baltimore, Maryland and Northern Virginia
Why Choose Johns Hopkins Care at Home for Home Medical Equipment?
We provide high-quality equipment with excellent customer service to support a variety of health conditions. Highlights of our services include:
All of our respiratory care practitioners have training and experience helping you find the right medical equipment for your specific needs. Our team is well-versed in all the equipment we provide.
Safe, high-quality equipment
Whether you rent or purchase home medical equipment, you can be sure we provide the highest quality. We inspect every item to make sure it’s working well. We provide thorough instruction for using the equipment so you can get the most out of it.
Skilled customer service
Our team members train you so you are comfortable using the equipment on your own. If any equipment needs repair, you’ll get a quick replacement with just a phone call to us.
If you need home medical equipment to manage a chronic condition, we provide everything you need. Here’s what to expect when you work with us:
- Your doctor or other care provider will contact us with an order for specific equipment to address your health needs, and we verify the details.
- If you are in the hospital, we will come to you to show you how to use your equipment. If you are already at home, we schedule delivery and training, based on the type of equipment you need:
- Home delivery for equipment such as a walker or hospital bed
- Home visit for respiratory equipment
- During the home visit, our team educates you and your caregivers to make sure you know how to use the equipment.
- If you are using respiratory equipment, our respiratory care practitioners follow up with you every one to three months to check your equipment and review instructions, as needed. In addition, we’re available by phone to answer your questions between appointments.
To learn more about our home medical equipment and services, call to speak with our customer service team, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Home Medical Equipment Resources
We do more than help you find the home medical equipment you need to use at home. We also specialize in educating you on your new equipment. These resources will help you further learn how to use your equipment safely in your home.
Pharmaquip is not able to accept returns or offer refunds on items that have been opened or used. If the incorrect item was sent or is damaged upon receipt, Pharmaquip will exchange the item if returned within 14 calendar days.
If you’re a referring provider with a patient who needs respiratory services or medical equipment delivery, please download the forms you need: