Personal Care and Memory Care
When a loved one needs extra care, deciding on the best way to help them can feel overwhelming. You need to consider how to best meet their needs—as well as your own. At Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, we’re here to help with personal and memory care services customized to meet your family’s needs. Our team provides expert, compassionate care so your loved one can stay safe and independent at home.
We offer personal care services to people throughout central Maryland, in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard County, and parts of Anne Arundel County and Harford County.
Get started by calling us or filling out the form below.
Our personal care services support your loved one’s dignity, safety and well-being, improving quality of life for the whole family. Our services include care to meet a wide range of everyday needs, such as:
- Companion care: Sitter services, diet monitoring, dog walking, errands and companionship such as help with writing letters or reading
- Escorting: Transportation to and from appointments and other activities, and domestic or international travel to accompany people who come to Johns Hopkins for care
- Help with the activities of daily living: Bathing, dressing, eating, grooming and hygiene, light housekeeping, meal preparation, toileting and continence, transferring and walking
- Private, skilled nursing care: Infusion nursing, wound and ostomy care, feeding tube management and dressing changes
- Specialized services: Memory care, fall prevention programs, emergency preparedness and home safety evaluation
Although insurance does not cover our personal care services, our program may be cost effective over the long term by delaying the need to move to assisted living.
Our home care teams provide personal care and skilled nursing services for people who come from overseas to receive care at Johns Hopkins. Learn more about our international care program, including CNA and skilled nursing services.
Why Choose Johns Hopkins Home Care Group for Personal Care Services?
Our highly trained teams provide your loved one with dependable services and support when it is needed most. As part of Johns Hopkins Medicine, our personal care team is dedicated to exceptional patient care quality.
Benefits of our in-home personal care program include:
Our team includes care coordinators, registered nurses and CNAs. With broad expertise from several fields, we provide personal, companion and skilled nursing services. All of our staff members are background checked, licensed, certified, insured and bonded.
Focus on quality and safety
The Johns Hopkins Home Care Group — including our in-home personal care program — has received accreditation from the Joint Commission. The recognition shows that our dedication to patient care meets or exceeds national safety and quality standards.
Continuing education for care providers
All of our providers receive ongoing training in fall and infection prevention, personal protective equipment use and other home health care topics.
Personal Care Services from Johns Hopkins Home Care Group: What to Expect
Your loved one can live at home safer and longer with our personal care services. We work to improve quality of life for your whole family. When you work with us, you can expect:
- Initial in-home assessment: Your first step is to contact us to schedule a time to meet with you and your loved one in your home. One of our registered nurses and our certified nursing assistant (CNA) manager come to conduct a nursing assessment and an in-home safety check.
- Personalized care plan: After our visit, we work closely with you to decide which of our services best meet your needs and those of your loved one. We work within your budget to customize a care plan that includes the services and number of hours you need.
- Thoughtful caregiver matching: When we come to your home, we spend time learning about your loved one, their interests and their preferences. We then match your loved one with a trained, experienced CNA caregiver based on those personal factors.
- Adjustments to the care plan: One of our registered nurses reviews your loved one’s care plan with you every 90 days or more often, if needed. We help ensure that your family receives the care you need, when you need it, by adjusting the plan to meet your evolving needs.
Speak with one of our registered nurses to learn more about how we can help you and your family. Call today or complete the form below to schedule a free consultation. We respond to all requests within 24 hours or the next business day, if it’s a weekend or holiday.