Departments / Divisions
Baltimore, Maryland 21287
Amanda Bertram, MS, is a faculty member in the Division of General Internal Medicine. She serves as the Research Associate for the Clinician Educator Mentoring and Scholarship Program (CEMSP) which helps GIM Clinician-Educators develop an area of scholarship, achieve academic success and build national reputations while enhancing recognition and job satisfaction. She works with a variety of GIM faculty on varied projects as well as with the GIM Research Director. She and the clinical and clinical educator faculty focus on educational scholarship, including many learner levels and scholarship delivering outstanding clinical care, provide for quality improvement and improved patient outcomes.
In her role, Ms. Bertram trains and assists faculty and staff on the best and most efficient ways to design research projects and other scholarly work, including IRB preparation, data collection requirements, survey design, HIPAA compliance, and the best ways to format and disseminate research. Additionally, she has worked with the Office of Faculty to educated SOM faculty and staff on IRB preparation and submission. Finally, she oversees part-time research assistants in all aspects of their work.
- Clever SL, Dudas RA, Solomon BS, Yeh HC, Levine D, Bertram A, Goldstein M, Shilkofski N, Cofrancesco J. Medical student and faculty perceptions of volunteer outpatients versus simulated patients in communication skills training. Acad Med. 2011; 86(11): 1417-1422. (Study Coordinator)
- Bertram A, Yeh HC, Bass EB, Brancati F, Levine D, Cofrancesco, Jr. J. How we developed the GIM clinician-educator mentoring and scholarship program to assist faculty with promotion and scholarly work. Med Teach. 2015; 37(2): 131-135.
- Yeh HC, Bertram A, Brancati FL, Cofrancesco, Jr. J. Perceptions of division directors in general internal medicine about the importance of and support of scholarly work done by clinician-educators. Acad Med. 2015; 90(2): 203-208. (Study Coordinator)
- Streed CG, Hedian HF, Bertram A, Sisson SD. Assessment of Internal Medicine Resident Preparedness to Care for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer/Questioning Patients. J Gen Intern Med. 2019; 34(6): 893-898. (Study Coordinator)
- Siddiqui ZK, Abusamaan M, Bertram A, Allen L, Wu A, Zhu J, Brotman D. Comparison of services in 5-star and non-5-star patient experience hospitals. JAMA Intern Med. 2019 (Study Coordinator)
- Herzke C, Bonsall J, Bertram A, Hsin-Chieh Yeh, Apfel Ariella, Cofrancesco J. Gender Issues in Academic Hospital Medicine: A National Survey of Hospitalist Leaders. J Gen Intern Med. 2020; 35 (6): 1641-6. (Study Coordinator)
- Epstein JA, Cofrancesco J Jr, Beach MC, Bertram A, Hedian HF, Mixter S, Yeh HC, Berkenblit G. Effect of Outpatient Note Templates on Note Quality: NOTE (Notation Optimization through Template Engineering) Randomized Clinical Trial. J Gen Intern Med. 2020 Sep 8. (Study Coordinator)