Our Mission is to provide the best care to patients and populations, educate and mentor the next generation of physicians and scientists, and improve health and healthcare through innovative research.
Working collaboratively across Johns Hopkins University, we aspire to transform medicine to achieve the Triple Aim* by implementing effective care strategies proven through innovative and rigorous research into practice and educating health care teams to implement such strategies.
* 1) Improving the patient experience of care (including quality and satisfaction); 2) Improving the health of populations; and 3) Reducing the per capita cost of health care.
We fully embrace the JHM Core Values
- Excellence & Discovery - Be the best. Commit to exceptional quality and service by encouraging curiosity, seeking information and creating innovative solutions.
- Leadership & Integrity - Be a role model. Inspire others to achieve their best and have the courage to do the right thing.
- Diversity & Inclusion - Be open. Embrace and value different backgrounds, opinions and experiences.
- Respect & Collegiality - Be kind. Listen to understand and embrace others’ unique skills and knowledge
We espouse the following additional GIM Values
- Teamwork - Be collaborative. High-functioning multidisciplinary teams create the best results for patient care, education and research.
- Transparency - Be open and honest. Everyone deserves to start from the same place and work with the same information.
- Balance - Nourish your mind, body and spirit. To be our best and achieve our potential we strive to be healthy and happy; this occurs most easily when we each achieve a state of balance.
- Service - Give back by paying forward. We commit ourselves to service within the institution, to our professional organizations and to our community.
- Creativity - Think outside the box. The best solutions to the biggest problems often require imaginative, innovative thinking which involves a significant change from the current approach. We strive to be bold and are not afraid to fail sometimes.