I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
eLearning in Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
The Armstrong Institute provides engaging, interactive and practical online learning experiences to help health care professionals contribute to patient safety and quality improvement. Find our courses on the two catalogs below.
On the institute’s learning management system, we host interactive modules on patient safety and quality improvement in general, as well as preventing specific preventable harms, such as blood clots. Continuing education credits available.
- Patient Safety Certificate Program
- Patient Safety Quality and Leadership Track
- Patient Safety Core Quality and Safety Track
- Foundations of CUSP
- Becoming a Patient Safety Hero
- Human Factors for Patient Safety, 10 Minutes at a Time
Johns Hopkins has launched a Patient Safety Specialization, a introduction to the concepts, tools and strategies of health care improvement. It consists of seven courses, each four weeks long, that can be taken together – to earn a certificate – or separately.
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement: Developing a Systems View
- Setting the Stage for Success: An Eye on Safety Culture and Teamwork
- Planning a Patient Safety or Quality Improvement Project
- Implementing a Patient Safety or Quality Improvement Project
Two Online Certificates
We offer two bundled of courses that provide learners with a cross section of concepts, tools and strategies for patient safety improvement:
- Online Patient Safety Certificate Program via the Armstrong Institute catalog
- Patient Safety Specialization via the Coursera catalog
These programs differ in their learning experience, duration, accreditation, costs and more. To decide which is best for you, visit the web pages and review this comparison. You can also sample the online certificate and take a free 7-day trial of the specialization.
Connect with Us
Stay on top of our new eLearning programs. Subscribe to updates.